Friday 20 July 2012

Being Mrs Mo {Cocoa Bar}

whether you knew me at 7 or 17, you would know i LOVE chocolates. skip the sweets and candy honey, i simply ❤ chocolates. so i guess it isn't much of a surprise if you were to put my love for chocolates and the wedding chateau together that you would get a chocolate bar. but no, i did not plant a chocolate fondue fountain as a centerpiece. for some reason, like my opinion towards ice sculptures - fondue stands are a little OTT for me.

the vision in mind for our chocolate bar had to be more than fancy chocolate fountains, i wanted it raw and real, a chocolate spread that would have enticed me 20 years ago. so me and my husband listed all the chocolates we grew up stuffing our faces with. it wasn't going to be about the varlhonas or godivas - just chocolate we remembered saving up $1 or £1 for or those our parents bribed us with to get our butts moving. 

placed on wooden chopping boards, all our chocolates were unwrapped and displayed in big chunks and bars. blackboard signage was used to label our favorite treats. and the best part of it all, the bridal couple ate a grand total of 2 chocolates from this bar throughout the entire event! but more importantly, our guests loved it :) 

enjoy the photoflood and that brings us to the end of my wedding feature :) have a great weekend ahead!

from above

nutella in cups 


nama fudge cubes
cupcakes by my sister

seashells on brown sugar
mr's favorite
mr's favorite too
ritters and m&s round biscuits

still sore i didn't get to eat my hawaiian macadamias!
marble by mom

2 comments:

  1. Didnt you have a fountain at your sisters wedding? Anyways I loved the chocs at your wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no we didn't have a fountain at my sister's wedding. i wished i ate more :(

    ReplyDelete